Re: Why repaint/refurbish the Tulloch Trailers

daproc@bigfoot.com wrote:

> oh no, we aren't getting started on THAT again are we? I don't have a problem
> with them - Sydney commuters have been spoilt for far too long with
> bi-directional seating. No other city in Australia has them for suburban
> trains, and there is really no need for them on short journeys (up to 90
> minutes or so). The lack of the mechanism for changing the direction the seat
> is facing makes the carriage easier to clean (although this is not an issue
> in Sydney :-p ) and reduces the incidence of breakdown.

Our old stainless steel loco-hauled suburban SX sets in Brisbane have
reversible seating - and real _windows_ you can actually _open!_ Wah!

I'll miss them when they're gone - they're like teeny weeny unpowered U
sets.
And, I'm told, they ride just like a U set as well (boing boing).

When are we getting the SMU Mk II's, anyways?

--
Robert Kearey			Network Services
The Prentice Centre		University of Queensland