Re: Implications of ICE crash

In article <6ld5m0$ute$8@gruvel.une.edu.au>, dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David
Bromage) writes:

>>On a grain costkng $20 million, why is there no constant electronic
>monitoring
>>of wheel integrity displayed in the driver's cabin?
>
>How would you monitor the wheels in this way

I think by monitoring and reporting vibration above a pre-determined level.
Passengers reported rattling noises and high vibration for two minutes before
the crash. I wonder if a way could be foound that would alert the driver
perhaps at least to reduce speed and check the source of that vibration.

Question, how to filter out the normal noises of crossing track junctions,
points etc? Or even stones on the track?

*Philip*