Re: Concord derailment

Michael Walker wrote:

> Alas, it's not just State Rail (or CityRail). If Victorian train drivers are
> to be believed, they are encouraged to not perform all safety checks of
> their trains prior to each journey as it takes too long.

There is a driver in Sydney who, I have been told, has only taken 3 trains out
of Mortdale sheds in the last year, because he has found faults on all the
others.  Usually, the supervisor just finds another driver to take the train out
without complaining, but never has the problems addressed.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard