Re: Implications of ICE crash

In article <357784F4.2EF6@iprolink.co.nz>, David McLoughlin
<davemcl@iprolink.co.nz> writes
>David Bromage wrote:
>> We should all extend our thoughts and prayers to the victims of this
>> tragedy.
>
>Indeed, as I also do each time a train falls into a river in somewhere
>like India, 400 people die and if they are lucky, it gets a paragraph on
>page 125 of newspapers in New Zealand, Australia, the US, UK and the
>like.
This reminds me of a quote from a UK newspaper about a decade ago, along
the lines of:

        "A British man and his wife were killed yesterday when an
earthquake measuring 7.5 on the Richter Scale struck the Venezuelan
capital Caracas.   Seven hundred Venezuelans also died."

<cynicism>
Racism;  apparently the only thing on earth that transcends all races.
</cynicism>
--
Ian Jelf        http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Birmingham, UK