Re: 10 x 2-hours metcards

<zone stuff snipped>

Further to this stuff about fare zones....

I'm told (from a good source) that the plan some time back was for the
V/Line Interurban regions to become either zone 4, or zone 4 and 5.
That would have made South Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, Seymour,
Traralgon extensions of the Met type ticketing.

To be honest, I'm surprised that this didn't occur when Sprinters were
introduced, in which case you could have removed Conductors from
Sprinter run trains - as I understand there was also a plan to run
Sprinters without Conductors anyway.  Given that the AFC infrastructure
is now in place for 3 zones, I can't see it happening in the forseeable
future - but then my crystal ball has lied at times :)

Cheers,
CH.
--
Craig Haber