Re: Trains Article Mentioned in NSW Parliament

James and Catherine Dixon wrote in message
<01bd8964$8d40a1c0$3159868b@oemcomputer>...

<goodly snip>

>Considering this was in February's edition (ie 3 months ago) you can hardly
>accuse Photios or the media of being up to date.

I find it amusing that this goose Photios is running around publicising the
poor ride quality of the XPT in an effort to embarrass the government. What
this half wit fails to point out is that the article quoted the ride quality
of Car A. Car A &B are the cars with the horrible ABB bogies under them that
were ordered and built under the direction of his colleagues in the Liberal
Party, when they were last in government. Had they stuck with the original
makers of the rest of the fleet's bogies the ride of both Car A & B
would be good.  Next time someone travels by XPT, have a look at the
brochure that is on the trains. I think it says something about train
movement etc.,, and to hold on when moving about the train.

As for the quality of the food available, go and talk to the Private Company
that is contracted to supply food to all CountryLink services. After all,
isn't it Liberal Party Policy to Privatise anything that moves. So surely.
he cannot have any credibility in attempting to attack the government over
this issue.

I think the other complaint was the entry of exhaust fumes, into the
cabins. A/C dampers should have kept the fumes out. Maybe they were
defective on the car in question. The good news out of the whole story is
the commitment of $130 mil. to upgrade the fleet over 4 years. I wonder if
goose Photios will maintain that level of funding, if his mob are elected to
government or will they allow the system to run down worse than it is now?

Cheers
Rex