Re: Debit cards in Met ticket machines

On Thu, 28 May 1998 12:16:04 GMT, pshute@melbpc.org.au (Peter Shute)
wrote:

>This morning I tried to pay for my monthly ticket by debit card, but
>after entering my pin number I got the message "bank not available".
[...]
>Has anyone else had this problem?

It's a not uncommon problem with all EFTPOS/ATM systems.  Sometimes
the main computer at your banks will go down for a short period (in
which case it will work for customers of other banks) or the whole
data link to the machine might go down for a short period.  Normally
it's longer than 10mins in my experience.

Albert Alcoceba
alberta@zip.com.au
http://www.zip.com.au/~alberta