Re: Trains Article Mentioned in NSW Parliament

Rex wrote:

> I find it amusing that this goose Photios is running around publicising the
> poor ride quality of the XPT in an effort to embarrass the government.

I wonder what will happen if he gets into government.  I can guarantee the ride
quality will not improve.

> What
> this half wit fails to point out is that the article quoted the ride quality
> of Car A. Car A &B are the cars with the horrible ABB bogies under them that
> were ordered and built under the direction of his colleagues in the Liberal
> Party, when they were last in government. Had they stuck with the original
> makers of the rest of the fleet's bogies the ride of both Car A & B
> would be good.

The original makers were Commonwealth Engineering at Granville.  They no longer
exist, so the next closest thing was Comeng/ABB in Melbourne where they were
made.  One of the options available was to copy the current bogies, but it was
decided to go with the cheaper option of copying the new HST bogies from
England, and modify them so that the XPT bogies and the eXplorer/eNdeavour
bogies would all be identical.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard