Re: 85/86 class info

I would suggest that this is not guaranteed.

Yesterday (Tuesday 21), the coalie being referred to in this post left Lithgow
at around 1415 (I can't remember exactly) with triple 81's.  From what I could
see my from vantage point, it either stalled (or close) on the bank near Zig Zag
Rly's viaducts, but the crew were able to either keep it crawling ot get it
going again.  It was in the hole at Katoomba at around 1730, having been run
through by other services, and would have got through Springwood at around the
1820/1830 mark.

As a side issue, 8162, the Blayney freighter, which leaves Lithgow at around
1500, was 48 leading 81 yesterday, with the 48 being a head-on banker/pilot to
Zig Zag Xover.  The train was in the hole at Lawson at around 1740 or so.
--

Regards

David Donald
Springwood, NSW