Mistakes of 100 years ago

Just heard criticism on the ABC that the VFT tender documents did not
specify that it should be compatable with existing railways and other rail
proposals. The Australian Transport and Energy Corridor Company (Melbourne
to Darwin) appears to be banking on a standard gauge high speed line to
give it a link from Goulburn to Sydney.

The only quote I was able to scrawl down was "the same problem occurred
100 years ago when the states chose different rail gauges. We could make
the same mistake unless this line is compatible with other rail
developments in Australia".

Cheers
David