Re: New stuff printed on my Metcard

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> Talking about printing on the ticket.  I heated a used ticket up,
> and it turned all black.  So it looks like the wirting is made
> like a fax.  ie the ticket is thermal paper.
>
> This would explain why the writing wears off.
>
> I wonder what and RPO would say about a ticket which is black (on
> the back)

He would take you by the ear and fine you for travelling with an altered
ticket.
Quote from Transport (Passenger Rail Corporations) Regulations 1998:

203. Defaced ticket or concession card

      A person must not, without reasonable excuse, tender to an
authorised person a ticket or travel
      concession card which has been materially altered, defaced,
mutilated or made illegible in any way.

Penalty: 10 penalty units.

Further on in this act I found the following, relating to machines
validating tickets as well...

206. Ticket to be validated

      A person using a ticket which requires machine validation must
validate that ticket on boarding a rail
      or road vehicle on which an operational ticket validating device
is located or before entering a
      designated area.

Penalty: 5 penalty units.

That would be dependant on what a "valid ticket" is defined as. As far
as i knew, a valid ticket is one that had an expiry date
printed/stamped/hole-punched somewhere on it. Just mention the above to
the gestapo :-) I had one try to tell me today when the whole system is
up and running I wouldnt be able to get out of the stations with
barriers because the gates would be locked and no-one would be there to
let me out. Thats where the red button will come in handy as far as im
concerned. Unless jackpot-Jeff tries to amend more laws to make it an
offence to not validate your ticket each time you blink/fart/scratch
yourself, etc. Maybe i shouldnt have said that. it will give them ideas.

Michael.

--
  Michael Kurkowski. Email: simcard@tig.com.au
   Snail Mail: P.O. Box 337 Glenroy, VIC 3046