Re: Melbourne - Metcard validation before every trip

Glenn Capuano (glenn@werple.net.au) wrote:

: >Is this true?
: >
: >I had someone try their Weekly like this:
: >Validated on Friday to gain entry to Flinders Strees and exited
: >at local station (no barriers, no validation)
: >On Sunday when to local station and walked straight on (passed
: >validator without validating it.)
: >At Flinders Street the barriers let him out.
: >
: >The way I see it is;
: >If you exit a station throught barriers, you can't exit again at
: >any station, but this same day time I haven' see yet.
: >
: >Anyone that uses Monthlies or Weeklies please try thins:
: >On day don't validate you ticket until you want to exit at
: >a station with barriers.  I think you will still be able to
: >get out.

: No, this is what doesn't work now. Up to last Tuesday it did, the
: machines didn't check whether or not it had been validated that day or
: since the last time going out through the barriers. Now they do.

: Will they be set up this way when the manned exit is finally closed
: and everything is barrier gates? So you could feasibly have a valid
: ticket and not be able to get out of the station then. Now, they're
: still letting you out (not trying to fine people as far as I could
: tell), you just get a lecture at the manned exit.

I got someone to try with his weekly ticket at Melbourne Central
and it just said "Not Validated" so he when to the "All other tickets"
and they didn't even say any thing.  I don't know if this was because
of the pay dispute or they know that until the Transport Act 1983 is
changed they can't do anything expect make it hard for us.

--
Chris Gordon
  email - cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au