Re: Steamfreight 98

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 22:21:39 -0700, David Corrie
<dcorrie@vermont.starway.net.au> wrote:

>I Agree a great job done. I enjoyed Saturday well worth the money.
>
>I was supprised at the number of cars about considering that access was supposed to be
>restricted. Also most Cars were driven by CMR members from my observations. I must admit
>I did not see any dangerous or inconsiderate driving. Aslo the one road block I saw was
>a car parked in front of some Drums at a corner on a bend hardly safe. My understanding
>is if roads are to be closed for an event that permits must me obtained and propper
>sinage barries erected.
>
>Excect for the above Gripe well done to those who organised the weekend. Ill be back
>next time.

Ideas already in the planning for next year:-

Food/refreshments at Muckleford.
Complete blockade of access roads.
Some sort of restriction on local roads near the line.
A triple-header (probably sunday).
A run with the F class (maybe a short goods one way and a bcpl the
other!!).
The night run past will be on again.
another photoshoot after dark at Maldon.
More use of the turntable.

Any other ideas?????

Thanks again to all who attended and helped the VGR get a little
closer to a mainline connection.

cheers

Krel
All's well that ends.