Re: Melbourne to Darwin

Bill Bolton wrote in message <3596e198.5538094@news.magna.com.au>...
>wrote:
>
>I'd have to say that your basic technical knowledge of the Australian
>rail system is seriously lacking.

Gee wiss, that's a bit harsh isn't it.

>From my post you may have noticed I proposed a duck under at Cabramatta, and
a new line from there to Chullora. A new line, no catenary, no height
problem. The freight loop built for the One Nation package near Glenfield
has no OHW does it? So there wouldn't be a problem there.

>Here's a clue... what it the very obvious feature of the rail system
>around Sydney that is unique in the standard gauge Australian rail
>network?

I catch the train to work each weekday. Don't you think I may have noticed
that electric traction requires that funny thing hanging above the track???

Ben Staples