Re: Automatic Fare Collection

RPARNELL@NETSPACE.NET.AU to ALL!, RPARNELL@NETSPACE.NET.AU said:"

>RR> At Blacktown (junction of main Western line and Richmond line) the
Richmond
>RR> line platforms have been slightly isolated from the main station, when
>RR> rebuilt in 1995. To change trains to/from platform 1/2 (Rich. line) to
plat
>RR> 3/4/5/6, you have to leave the "paid area" (the area that you are
required
>RR> to be in posession of a valid ticket), hike to the main concourse
(about
>RR> 100m along the bridge) then re-enter the paid area. This involves using
the
>RR> automatic gates twice.
>
>The rule to remember is... if you have not completed your journey then do
>not use the automatic gates.  If you are changing trains, changing from
>train to bus etc... do not use the automatic gates.  Use the manual gate if
>you need to.

This is incorrect - the gate operating computer at Blacktown has been
configured so that it will let you leave the main platforms and proceed to
the Richmond platforms, and vice versa (as long as your ticket allows it) I
have done it hundreds of times while travelling from St Marys to Marayong
and return.