Electrification of the rail north of Broadmeadows?

After moving to where I am now (Glenroy) and going around this area, I am
surprised that the electric line ends at Broadmeadows still. With the fast
residential development to the north (i.e. Roxbrough Park and even
Craigieburn) wouldn't it be logical for our government to upgrade public
transport to those areas? So far the only services that go out there are buses
and I don't even think they run on a sunday. How would people in these areas
get out from there to the city?

What is the possibility of electrification of this line in the near future?

Another idea, thought of from the thread "UPFIELD LINE ALTERATIONS" is, that
both Upfield and Broadmeadows lines can be electrified to Somerton then to
Craigieburn. Services can then be run City -> Broadmeadows -> Craigieburn ->
Upfield -> City, and City -> Upfield -> Craigieburn -> Broadmeadows -> City.

What is everyone's opinion on this? I'm sure there are more lines out there
than just this one that are in the same situation?

Regards. Michael Kurkowski

--
mailto:simcard@comcen.com.au
http://www.comcen.com.au/~simcard