Re: Electrification of the rail north of Broadmeadows?

Michael <NOSPAM-simcard@comcen.com.au> wrote in article
<6amkvi$7tb$1@loomi.telstra.net>...
> Another idea, thought of from the thread "UPFIELD LINE ALTERATIONS" is,
that
> both Upfield and Broadmeadows lines can be electrified to Somerton then
> Craigieburn. Services can then be run City -> Broadmeadows -> Craigieburn
->
> Upfield -> City, and City -> Upfield -> Craigieburn -> Broadmeadows ->
City.

> What is everyone's opinion on this? I'm sure there are more lines out
there
> than just this one that are in the same situation?

What about South-West from Cranbourne to Langwarrin and Frankston.
Cranbourne and Frankston are both very large population and growth areas
and the two lines are surprisingly close to each other.   A
Melbourne-Cranbourne-Frankston-Melbourne and vv line would be a very useful
loop  (As opposed to a Useless Loop which is the name of a place in WA but
that's another matter).