Re: 5:39 p.m. Frankston ex Flinders Street Saturday 24th

David Lindstrom <D_Lindstrom@bigpond.com> wrote:
>The 5:39 p.m. Frankston ex Flinders Street on Saturday 24th January got
>stuck at Glenhuntly for a good twenty minutes or so. A faint
>announcement came over the loudspeakers from the driver saying that
>there was a signalling problem. Later he said they were waiting for a
>signalman to arrive from Caulfield.
>	When we crossed the tram tracks the trains pantographs were lowered and
>put up again, one at a time, when we docked at Glenhuntly station.

I've seen that happen once before, on the west-most (platform 1) up line. Saw
about three trains in a row come through one weekday morning having to lower and
raise their pantographs. Caused quite a jam! I get the feeling that the
tram/train crossing doesn't run as smoothly as they'd like it to.

Daniel
Glenhuntly local...
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...