Re: Map of Briztram network

Garry R. Ford wrote in message <34CD5CDF.929A8DFC@merddyn.apana.org.au>...

<snip>

>Because to run down Queen Street would require the removal of two
bandstands,
>three restuarants and much other ancillary "junk" and stop the use of the
street
>for "market" stalls and street theatre.
>
>Unlike other malls in Australia, Australia's most successful is successful
>because of its multitude of uses and people freedom.

You are dead set right about the mall, Garry. I have been in the mall in
Melbourne where the trams run and there seems to be plenty of room for them
to pass. On the other hand in Brisbane they would come to a full stop at
lunch time with the crowds. Of course, I was in Melbourne on a winter day in
March and those sort of days don't occur that often in Brisbane.

Barry Campbell