Re: Map of Briztram network

Dave McL wrote:

> I can't understand why they would want to run it down Adelaide Street
> rather than Queen Street.

Because to run down Queen Street would require the removal of two bandstands,
three restuarants and much other ancillary "junk" and stop the use of the street
for "market" stalls and street theatre.

Unlike other malls in Australia, Australia's most successful is successful
because of its multitude of uses and people freedom.

Besides, eventually light rail will use the bus tunnels.

My biggest concern is the insistence on using Victoria Bridge - not designed for
trams and we were told they can't be retro fitted because of spacing of concrete
arches. On the other hand, William Jolly Bridge was designed for trams and the
sleepers (laid in 1928) were only recently removed.

Cheers

Garry