Re: Private grain trains in NSW

Bob (gioia@fastlink.com.au) wrote:
>Why would Freightcorp want to sell their waggons to anyone else.

Money?

>There is a
>shortage of grain hoppers at present and they are converting coal hopper to
>help. Also the black hoppers are old and too slow and will soon need
>replacing.

All the more reason FreightCorp would want them off their hands. Do you
really think they'd spend a fortune to replace them when they might lose
the traffic in a year anyway? Take some fast cash from the new operator
and let them worry about replacing them.

>Well, I didn't know that GrainCorp was an accredited operator in NSW.

If they are not providing their own crews and safeworking staff, they
won't need to be.

>There is only so much 2 clapped out and repainted old 48s can do.

Are you going to tell FreightCorp and Silverton or shall I?

Cheers
David