Re: Private grain trains in NSW

Bob (gioia@fastlink.com.au) wrote:
>  Sounds like another bit of Austrac propaganda.

This came from a FreightCorp driver.

>AS for private wheat haulage, where are the waggons coming from?

Apparently buying the current wagons from FreightCorp.

>How would NRC locos be used on Austrac trains?

They wouldn't. Go back and read what I wrote again. Austrac isn't running
the train, GrainCorp is. Austrac and NR would simply have the contract to
supply motive power over different sections of the run, Austrac on the
branch lines and NR on the main.

>NRC have thier own interests to protect and if there was wheat trains to
>be hauled why would they let a tin pot turnout like Austrac make money
>ahead of them?

NR offered their locos for "hook and pull" services. Austrac has the
branch line locos to haul grain into Junee and Cootamundra, and NR has the
big power to haul it to Port Kembla or Melbourne.

Cheers
David