Re: Melbourne's Automated Ticketing

Michael Walker wrote:

>The only way St Kilda Road trams are going to effectively be
> used with the expected passenger procedure of Buy, Validate, Travel so
> people can actually reach validators and ATMs is if more trams run in St
> Kilda Road during the peak (around 50%) and like THATS going to happen!

Hey that's right. It would be called a SERVICE. Like what St Kilda Road
had before Kennett came along.

Setiously, I don't expect the pre-Kennett service to be restored, but an
order for 100 new low-floor articulated cars for St Kilda Road to replace
all but the Route 16 Ws and a fair few of the Z1s would go a long way to
facilitating things.

Dave McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand