Re: Pronunciation of Station Names

In the message about  Pronunciation of Sta*****, from TB to ALL!, TB said:"

TT> Better still, the cut-and-paste jobs like (Parramatta) "Due to trackwork
TT> between Strathfield, and Ashfield...  *THIS!*... train... will... GO TO...
TT> the City... via Sydenham".

The cut and paste job that plays continuously at Hurstville takes the
cake...

Pre-made recording to by Mr CityRail:

Passengers are reminded that smoking is not permitted within the paid area
of the station, underground platforms, waiting rooms, toilets..."

This is followed by a cut and pasted Mr CityRail saying:

"Or any...  Hurstville... platform."

Sydenham also has problems with its automatic announcements that say how
late a train is running, once trains get much later that 45 minutes.

So we have:

"The next train on Platform Number 2 is running... thirty... seven...
minutes late."

As the train gets later and later... we get varations of:

"The next train on Platform Number 2 is running... minutes late."

and

"The next train on Platform Number 2 is running... teen... minutes late"
"The next train on Platform Number 2 is running... sev... minutes late"

make up you own nonsense part of a number to stick in there :)

Regards,

Albert.

 * RM 1.31  * Albert! alberta@zip.com.au http://www.zip.com.au/~alberta/