Re: Pronunciation of Station Names

In our last episode <123144954$Eddie.Oliver@efs.mq.edu.au> on Sat, 24 Jan
98 00:49:45 GMT, Eddie Oliver told aus.rail:

<cut>

>Also: Is anyone else offended as I am by the current
>CityRail recorded platform announcements in
>which (despite their general clarity) the word "to" in
>"all stations to" is often reduced to a "t" sound run into the
>next word,  e.g.
>
>"all stations tornsby" or "all stations tepping"
>
>?

Better still, the cut-and-paste jobs like (Parramatta) "Due to trackwork
between Strathfield, and Ashfield...  *THIS!*... train... will... GO TO...
the City... via Sydenham".

And another at Liverpool, after advising passengers of the service stopping
at such-and-such then alternative arrangements: "...passengers for, City...
REMAIN...!!!".

But he ("Mr CityRail") is one of the best.  Second place: "Ms Flinders
Street" (The Met)?  Is she still there?