Re: Pronunciation of Station Names

On the current theme of pronunciation, remember the old Melbourne classic:
Hawthorn, change f'Kew.

On a more serious note, one of the excellent features of Trains (USA)
magazine was an attempt to give correct pronunciation of all strange names.
 This is a feature I would provide too if a week had more than 168 hours.

Most Australians know Mo-ee (not Mow).

I was howled down by my Brisbane hostess for Pin-KEN-ba (PinkenBA).

After taking years to learn TelarAH (not TelAHRah), I am not so sure that I
am right.

This group would be a good place for requests and answers.
--
Regards
Roderick Smith

"There was a young man from Newscastle,