Re: Pronunciation of Station Names

Derek Woodlands wrote in message <34cccdde.10438393@news.magna.com.au>...

<snip>
>I pronounce it "Lay-Lor" after the Sydney suburb, Lalor Park.  It
>could well be another case of different pronunciations in Victoria.
>Look at the way the word CASTLE is pronounced in NSW and Vic.
>
>Catchya

BTW how *do* they pronounce castle as in Newcastle in NSW and Vic. My
brother in law who was born in St Kilda and has lived most of his life in
Altona pronounces it as New - cassel. On the other hand all the locals
including my uncle and aunt and various cousins who have lived there for >
20 years pronounce in New-carsle.

Barry Campbell