Re: Metcard Implementation

Just in case any OneLink personnel regularly read this newsgroup, I like
to remind them that there is a very "lonely" silver stand-alone ticket
validator on top of the ramp for platform 3 at Glenferrie.  According to
a very reliable source, during the early stage of MetCard
implementation, the P.T.C. and OneLink cannot agree on the position of
ticket validators - the P.T.C. would like the validators to be located
on the top of the ramp, while OneLink like the current positions (ie. in
the divided subway).

Considering all the larger barrier gates (locate in the subway) are now
fully operational here, surely the P.T.C./OneLink can't expect platform
3 commuters to validate their ticket twice for catching a train on that
platform.  I am certain this validator and its associated cabling can be
reused elsewhere!

Cheers

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group