Re: Metcard Implementation

"Chris Brownbill" <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote:
>What's Different about the Met?

Similar wording on the brochure in the mail box today.
"The Met is chaning... Automated Ticketing is coming to your neighbourhood!"

I won't bother quoting the rest of it, I'm sure most of you will get to read
them soon enough. There were two brochures, actually. One explained the system,
the other detailed retail outlets on the tram lines switching (3, 64, 67, 78/79)
from Monday. (The map shown must have been hastily put together. It doesn't show
some of the routes properly.)

What I do find interesting is the chart included that shows what type of ticket
is available where. Apart from the withdrawal of dailies from trams (how stupid
is that?!?) I also notice that Group Get-a-bout and Family tickets (the former I
believe is available on trams and at stations) will now ONLY be available from
staffed (eg Premium) stations and by phone order. That should pretty well kill
them off, don't you think?

Group Get-a-bout was introduced after the withdrawal of the benefit to Weekly
and Monthly tickets allowing another adult and some kids (4?) to travel free
with the ticket holder on weekends.

Oh, with the brochure... also notice the glossy photo with all the "typical Met
users" in it. Funny, it doesn't seem to include any of those scary looking loud
teenagers you find on the trains at night... And not one of the kids shown
carries a skateboard! How about some truth in advertising??

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...