Re: Metcard Implementation

dbowen@custard.net.#SPAMTRAP#.au (Daniel Bowen) wrote:

>- Person 1 bought his ticket without too much trouble, then went down the ramp
>without validating it. Does it make any sense to have to validate it in the
>second machine straight after having bought it?

Ouch,  it's exactly what I did last Saturday week.  I'd been given a
lift to Dandenong to film the down Maryvale goods, then had to catch a
spark back to town; I walked up to the vending machine, read the
instructions, popped in my money (machine wouldn't accept $2 coins
though), took my ticket and ambled straight onto the station,
believing in my heart that I was *totally* legal.

Now you're telling me I broke the law.  I'm not a regular commuter,
but it seems to me that it's not intuitive to have to go from one
machine to another when you can just walk onto the platform.

When I got to FSS, I boarded a very crowded tram, so I strap-hung all
the way to East Melbourne without validating my ticket again.

At least now I know I have to keep sticking this ticket in every
sinlge machine I can find, but what of the minority of Melbourne
commuters who don't read aus.rail?

At the moment, there are no ticket vendors in East Melbourne, so when
they appear and the brochure appears it will explain Everything
(Yes?).

Regards

Yuri