Re: Melbourne ATM's -- "touch" panels?

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Daniel Bowen wrote:

> Chris Gordon <c.gordon@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> >This morning (13/1) at Ringwood there was a big sign up saying that Metcard will
> >be on Tomorrow.  There have been letter box drops in the area.
>
> >As far as I can tell they are going to turn the whole Belgrave/Lylidale lines
> >tomorrow.
>
> (15/1) Nothing yet, but brochures being handed out at Box Hill this morning.

Croydon & East Ringwood were turned on Tue 13th, Ringwood & Heathmont on
Wed 14th, Heatherdale Mitcham & Nunawading Thu 15th, Blackburn Laburnum &
Box Hill on Fri 16th.

Yes, there was SUPPOSED to be a letterbox drop about this, but I haven't
got anything yet. Luck a tram conductor in the city asked if I'd like some
brochures last night (apparently her tram lines - routes 3, 64, 67, 78 &
79) goes ATM as of this week(?) & the connies are being given the big
'A').

Catching the train home from work on Sat & Sun nights was the first time
I've seen the barriers (where installed) actually lit up with big green
arrows & red X's. Funny how it looked like everyone was bypassing the
lit-up barriers & going through the ones marked 'other ticket holders'.

Mick.

| email:  mzs@eastwood.apana.org.au         |
| WEB:    http://www.eastwood.apana.org.au/ |