Re: Tenterfield railway to reopen?

David Bromage wrote:

> Chris Stratton (stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au) wrote:
> >There is a 32 class at Thirlmere which belongs to the Powerhouse Museum, I
> >think it is 3265. They should do a deal with them to borrow and restore it.
> >Then we would have room to fit another diesel in at Thirlmere, wouldn't a
> >49 class sound good on th Loop Line.
>
> I thought 3265 was at Everleigh under the care of 3801 Limited? It's
> supposed to be the next project after 3830 and destined for the Cockatoo
> line.
>
> Cheers
> David

  Incorrect. This is another popular rumour that took off at 1000 kph after the
launch of 3830. The powerhouse had trouble justifying the $1,000,000 +
restoration bill for 3830 and one of the senoir people from the Powerhouse was
recently quoted as saying , " why do we want to spen money restoring another
steam engine, we already have one".The crew that restored 3830 are keen to take
the job on but at this stage it is not being encouraged by 3801 or the
Powerhouse.When you consider that there are now 4 steam and 3 diesel locos based
at Eveleigh, this represents a full time job just keeping these running. 3112
does not see much use as it is not as fast or as powerful as a 38 and a 32 would
fall into the same catagory.
                                                Bob