Re: Tenterfield railway to reopen?

On 15 Jan 1998 01:59:17 GMT, "Chris Stratton"
<stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au> wrote:

>There is a 32 class at Thirlmere which belongs to the Powerhouse Museum, I
>think it is 3265. They should do a deal with them to borrow and restore it.

3265 is located within the Large Erecting Shop at Eveleigh.   It was
stripped dowen for inspection and possible overhaul by Powerhouse some
years ago.   This work did not proceed - 3830 being restored instead.
I understand that Powerhouse is now reconsidering 3265 whilst it still
has the expertise (from 3830),

I am not aware of any real attempt by the Tenterfield Railway Station
Preservation Society to obtain steam.   It recently obtained an old
brake van from West Tamworth and has found that even this requires
much work to get in back into a reasonable condition.

Groups may find it better to consider the railcars to be offered out
by the SRA through the ARPG in early February.

Pete.