Re: Countrylink 422s

Bob wrote:

> I hear that 42203 and 42220 are soon to be transfered to Countrylink and
> will be based at the XPT centre Sydenham. Also I believe that they will
> be airconditioned and repainted into Countrylink blue.

Countrylink weren't initially interested in associating themselves with these
services.  That is why the carriages were painted tuscan.  I very much doubt
they would paint the locos blue with the carriages still brown.

> Will this then mean that 422s will operate on the Broken
> Hill pass?

Hope not.  Those extra thousand horses really make the train fast.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard