Re: Melbourne ATM's -- "touch" panels?

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> Today I saw a 67 tram conductor (not long for this world) and his
> friend trying
> out a Sydney train ticket into a validator (which was turned on) -
> just to see
> what happened! The machine kept spitting the ticket out and saying
> "RETRY".

Sounds like OneLink has modified its software a little.  Apparently
during the early stage of the MetCard implementation, my friend has no
problem validating a magnetic ticket from Sydney, at Glenferrie (prior
to the installation of the larger silver barriers).

Cheers,

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group