An interesting day...

G'day,

some interesting things happened today (16/1/98)....
While on the 11:55 Sth Geelong pass, I saw Great Northern (ex T)
377+T345 (flat top, VR livery) on up sleeper wagons at Newport at
12:10.
4 S classes at Geelong loco, S300+S301, S306 and S310.  S300+S301
trailed a G (511?) on 9137, S300 on it's way to Ballarat.

Nothing of note at Warrnambool (which is looking a bit like a big
trainset at the moment, with half finished track, and a set of points
ready to be installed), but on 8246 we were delayed by late running of
8237.  Reason?  The 16:55 V/Line Geelong local failed and had to be
pushed (I believe from Lara to Geelong) by the following move, which in
turn delayed 8237.

On arrival at Spencer St with 8246 (12 late at 21:16) I see NR93 sitting
outside the pass yard.  Apparently the Overland pilot was in the dirt
out Dynon way, so the Overland was piloted in by an NR, and hence was
(briefly) NR's in push-pull formation!

Cheers,
Craig.
--