Re: Pass Locos

Graham D Baker wrote in message <34BF62D1.9F1E7392@ozdocs.net.au>...

:But who in their right mind would want to work on a steam engine....

None that I've ever met.... hang on, what about.....nah, Bismark's not
in his right mind is he? :-)
Would you like us to send him to NRC?

:So what do you do pencil neck....

Play choo choo

:Do you even know what a real loco looks like.

Like my Thomas the Tank Engine.

: As to truck drivers not putting up with it, at least they've a got a
union with some
:balls. Ours' just seems to be in a constant state of free fall.

I think you've contributed that statement to Keith, but it was mine and
I see you agree with me. I'm hoping the proposed amalgamation with the
TWU and MUA goes through. The problem with our blokes is they've
forgotten what it's like on the job. When you remind them, it's "But
it's always been that way." I don't give a shit if it has, it doesn't
have to *stay* that way.

:Keith Malcolm wrote:
:
:> In article <69db0n$50c$1@loomi.telstra.net> "tezza"
<tezza@atinet.com.au> writes:
:> >From: "tezza" <tezza@atinet.com.au>
:> >Subject: Re: Pass Locos
:> >Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 23:50:41 +1100
:>
:> >Bob wrote in message <34B95C7D.E9F3CC54@fastlink.com.au>...
:> >:
:> >:
:> >:tezza wrote:
:> >:
:> >:> No, I say most locos are useless - which they are. About the only
good
:> >:> shunting locos are 45's 48's and 49's.  Unfortunately except for
the
:> >:> upgraded Mark III&IV 48's the rest have shitty cab conditions.
:> >:> The 80's shed power when you drop a notch whilst shunting, which
is no
:> >good
:> >:> in a gravity yard. (I didn't miss the smiley)
:>
:> >:I wonder if tezza would be a train driver? Sounds like one! They
never stop
:> >:whinging about a loco. Trouble is they dont know a good thing when
they
:> >areon
:> >:one. O.K. old mate, what is a good loco? It seems that you like to
tell us
:> >:adout the ones that you dont
:> >:like.                                                        Bob
:> >:
:> >:
:> >Mainly because most of them are old pieces of shit, poorly
maintained and
:> >filthy dirty. Drivers have as much right to a clean workplace as the
next
:> >bloke. There's no way the managers would put up with their offices
or cars
:> >being in the filthy state the locos are in or their cars as poorly
:> >maintained.
:>
:> >As stated above the upgraded Mark III&IV 48's are good. The 81's are
good
:> >but are really starting to show their age. The 82's are good apart
from poor
:> >braking but they're even starting to look pretty crook as the cabs
are never
:> >cleaned properly. None of the loco cabs are properly cleaned. The
86's
:> >aren't bad but the cabs and seats are antiquated, there is a big
dust
:> >problem that has taken about 10 years for management to even
acknowledge let
:> >alone fix. They are also very noisy.
:>
:> >A truck driver wouldn't put up with a train driver's shitty
conditions.
:>
:> Gee your all a bunch of whingers. On steam locos the crews kept the
cabs clean
:> themselves.
:>
:> David Malcolm