Re: FreightCorp Radios

David Johnson wrote in message <34B34F8B.BFD5AC76@ozemail.com.au>...
:Maurie Daly wrote:
:
:> Even so , the system on its own is only barely better than nothing,in
that if
:> a driver misinterprets an order , or a controller gives an incorrect
order the
:> 1st the controller will know about the head on , is when someone rings
him up
:> to tell him.
:
:I still think that the best system of train monitoring would be GPS.  I was
under
:the impression that Orange control had this equipment, and could monitor
the
:position and speed of all trains under its control...  Does anyone know
more about
:this system?
:
:--
:David Johnson
:CityRail Guard
:trainman@ozemail.com.au
:http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

FC radios were supposed to have something to do with GPS in the areas where
Train Orders were to operate. Supposed to be accurate to within 100 metres
(the system to be used, not GPS in general)
:
: