Re: Simple Question.....

telljb@ozemail.com.au (Terry Burton) writes:

>Simple Question David.  BUT dozens of answers.!!!

>No wonder railways in Oz can NEVER be truly "National".
>Remove NSW and Victoria from the train business outside
>the Metro area and there might be some hope.

 Unfortunatly, the Urban systems will always be incompatable, even if the
unthinkable happens and we get national safeworking standards. Dual aspect
signalling exists due to traffic density. I rather doubt the interstate
trunks will ever get to the traffic density to need dual-aspect!
 What would be nice is to have after achieveing non-urban standard safeworking
would be to tackle urban as well - then there could be a national standard
on signalling equipment.

--
Matthew Geier,                 | Australian Public Access Network Association
matthew@sleeper.apana.org.au   | +61 2 9587 9773