Re: Melbourne Airport Link

Yuri J Sos wrote:

> "J Richmond" <richmond@melbpc.org.au> wrote:
>
> >I heard in the news today that the Victorian State Government is about to
> >decide on a route for the Tullamarine Airport (Melbourne) rail link.

Federal and State [past] Labour Governments always wanted an Airpot
link.
One of the best plans put forward, was a link from Albion along the
Freight only track towards Broadmeadows linking a very large growth
area,and cutting 10 mins off the Essendon route!
Of course that sodden excuse for a Minister, Cooper probably offered
that statement about half way through his daily 26 0f old Johnnie.
Havent we all forgotten Jeff [Jesus] Kennett has sold our old paid for
Tullamarine Freeway to a consortium of Friendlies[to him anyway] and has
tied it up so well [he says], that any future hostile Party that won
power, would virtualy have to pay the whole projected 33 years profit to
buy them out!! Also the relevant bit....Any change to the frequency
of Rail Traffic on this corridor[that is improvement !!] would alloy his
mates to claim multi million compensation from the Government!! Now as
the Tollway services the Airport, A Railway Line would have a MuLti
Million affect,  .....and surprise surprise, millions more of taxpayers
Dollars would head towards Jeff[Jesus the Savior of the World...oh
excuse me I got carried away...OF VICTORIA]  Now maybe I'm wrong but you
better forget any Airport Railway....They wouldn't dare..would they...
                                        Rod Young