Re: try this...

"David Proctor" <daproc@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Why do we have to put up with this rubbish?

Probably because this is an unmoderated news group, and removal of
these items would be considered by some to be the thin end of the
wedge with regards to censorship.  I've seen that argument raised in
other news groups when a suggestion was made to remove "offensive"
posts.... who makes the decision as to what is offensive, etc etc.

I simply avoid downloading messages with headers such as
"$50,000 for only $5.00 within 2 MONTHS???? when scanning the group's
headers with FA.

Happy New Year

Yuri