Re: Olympic Loop

kingpin@magna.com.au (Derek Woodlands) wrote:

> My understanding is that both sets of doors will be opened at once for
> the passengers to disembark.  When empty, the train would head around
> the loop, stop again at the other platform to pick up passengers.

AFAIK, there's only one set of platforms.  The expected passenger flow
of 50,000 passengers per hours seems to indicate that a max of about 2
mins per train would be allowable for the station stop.

Basically, since any sustained high traffic volumes will only occur
for limited periods of a few days a year in "special case" situations,
such as the Olympics and Easter Show, I don't see why there should be
a problem with assigning extra staff to assist in controlling

Presumably if the loop is use for lower volume events, normal single
sided platform operation would be appropriate.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton
Sydney, Australia