Re: Weekend Timetables on Weekday

Thank you to all those that responded to my question.

I must apologise for two reasons:
1. The incorrect name on the posting.
2. I was unaware that Cityrail was providing a 10 min frequency - I must
admit I find this fairly impressive even though the roads around Sydney
are relatively woeful compared to 'lesser' Melbourne :-)

For the record, I find the PTCs attitude to providing for special events
relatively poor. After all, during the 80s, tram and train services were
provided all night for New Years Eve at one stage. And I am sure that
many people are reluctant to use PTC services to get to Calder Raceway
for evening events after the occasions the PTC dumped people at St
Albans station after the last train due to connecting buses getting
delayed in the traffic - resulting in many being left at a closed
western suburbs station with no public transport until morning!
	And then there are the occasions when Skyshow used to be in Melbourne
and when you eventually do get back to a city railway station
afterwards, the special trains are cancelled or severely delayed and
normal services run with the usual 3 car sets and packed to the roof.
But enough of my spleen venting....