Re: Re; Dorrigo

rodjg wrote...

<<The reason it keeps coming up is that nothing ever happens.>>

So, the weatherproofing of rollingstock, earthworks, track laying,
transportation etc that is continually going on is not enough for you?

<<I rather suspect that it is in the interest of certain parties that
nothing ever happens since they would have to justify certain things as free
rent for the last 15 years.>>

What was rent free?

<<Who has title to the rolling stock? There is a deafening silence on that
aspect.>>

You asked this question in your previous post. I answered it.

<<Jones is the only mouthpiece for Dorrigo and the association appears to be
irrelevent.>>

Policy is determined by our Board of Directors. Naturally Keith (as managing
director) makes most policy announcements, and is contacted by the media for
comment. If you haven't noticed, several DSRM members (none of them being
Keith) have been answering the (usually inane) comments being made in this
NG.

<<OK, what is the problem now>>

We reached a verbal agreement with the Minister. When the written version
was delivered there were material differences to what was agreed.
Negotiations are continuing.

<<and I do not want a stupid answer like "I could write a book on the last
ten years".>>

What you want seems rather immaterial.

<<I bet the members do not know what the problem is.>>

Only if they do not read the monthly newsletter.

<< I challenge the members, try and vote out Jones.>>

Procedurally it would not be hard. Get enough signatures to force an
extraordinary general meeting to consider the motion "that Keith Malcolm
Jones be removed from the Board of Directors". If the motion was carried,
Keith would be out. Practically, its not going to happen. Keith has the
support of the members.

<<Of the 700 hundred alleged members how many are financial?>>

700. We do not count ex members.

Trevor