Re; Dorrigo

Haven't we been down this path quite a few times before????

The general state of rail preservation in NSW is pretty awful and another
25-odd years of playing "let's point the finger of blame at someone else"
will ensure it stays that way.

The great asset, as it has been stated by a number of DSR&M members, the
DSR&M has is that many of its steam locos are basically still in working
order. A list of about six or seven I recall was mentioned on this NG some
time ago.

The sooner the politicking ends and the line is rebuilt, the sooner the
DSR&M can start scoring real brownie points with all concerned - and start
running some steam train tours.

Until then, why would anyone want to join any of them?
How many once-members have been browned off by leadership that loses sight
of what the groups were originally started to do? This is a problem in most
of the rail preservation groups.

While there maybe plenty of politicking, it has to be remembered though that
if it wasn't Keith Jones (et al), there'd be quite a few less steam locos
around...

By the by, I personally wouldn't have thought storing rolling stock in the
most humid corner of the state would not be good for their longevity but
that's my humble opinion though... :)
/end soapbox

Bill Bolton wrote in message <36937363.8223120@news.magna.com.au>...
>On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:03:29 +1100, "Gregory D. Young"
><greggy@acay.com.au> wrote:
>
>>This has been said for the past 26 years and the collection still grows.
One