Re: Position Vacant - Any Takers?

>While in the US a few years back I was surprised to find that they redo the
>voices for the US TV stations and they use the "Sir Topemhat" name instead
of
>the Fat Controller. When I enquired about this I was told that the
Americans
>don't like references to fat people.

Then again, this is the same country that bought the rights to 'Fawlty
Towers', then rewrote the scripts to remove Basil Fawlty as he wasn't
popular with discussion groups who saw him as too aggressive. John Cleese
was allegedly apathetic about it claiming that as they had paid the money,
they could do what they liked!