Re: Gold coast rail extension?

John Wayman wrote:

> Rob Kearey wrote in message <36770494.B73FD2D8@mailbox.uq.edu.au>...
> >You might want to take a look at a map of Surfers Paradise - it's a
> >convoluted and very heavily developed estuary, with little obvious scope
> >for heavy rail. A light rail connection to Robina would be far more
> >feasible, but I can't see it happening on the Gold Coats, as It's Not A
> >Monorail.
> >

> Why not heavy rail? They could build it as an elevated railway over roads.
> It has been done before.

Could use part of Smith St reservation to Southport then underground to Gold
Coast Hwy then along side of that to the Nerang river crossing then
underground to  a terminus in Surfers. But I suppose you might have to swim
parts of it that are underground and the cost would be so high that no one
would build it.Davo