Re: Gold coast rail extension?

thalytgv@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> QR recently approval extension of GC rail from Robina south ward
> Wouldn't it be better to extend from Helensville to Surfers Pardise rather?

Helens-where?

Answer: It's too late. Since the vulture-people started making money
from Surfers, the value of the land would now make any such extension
astonomically expensive.

> South Port and Surfers population are huge the money about to spend on
> Collangatta extension should be able to cover this shorter but more feasible
> branch

You might want to take a look at a map of Surfers Paradise - it's a
convoluted and very heavily developed estuary, with little obvious scope
for heavy rail. A light rail connection to Robina would be far more
feasible, but I can't see it happening on the Gold Coats, as It's Not A
Monorail.

--
Robert Kearey			Network Services
The Prentice Centre		University of Queensland