Re: Old rail line near Foster Victoria

The Outtrim line is the one you saw, it branched off the Great Southern line
at Korumburra, and headed south through Jumbunna and Outtrim North to
Outtrim.

Looking in my VR Grades Book, it shows two other lines branching off to
sidings near the Outtrim line Junction. These were to Coal Creek sidings and
Strezlecki sidings. Can anyone tell me how these lines were worked from
Korumburra?

Cheers
John Wayman

Alleyn Boucher wrote in message <36773181.37554038@news.alphalink.com.au>...
>If you drive from Korumburra to Wonthaggi there is for a good portion
>of the way the remains of a line. Which one was this? TIA
>Alleyn Boucher
>On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 21:22:06 +1100, David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
>wrote:

>>Great Southern Jcn (near Dandenong) - Tooradin opened 1-10-1888
>>Tooradin - Loch opened 11-11-1890
>>Loch - Korumburra opened 2-6-1891  Korumburra - Leongatha opened
17-12-1891
>>Leongatha - Port Albert (not Alberton) opened 13-1-1892. (Alberton-Port
Albert