Fun at Cootamundra.

On Fri afternoon about 1700 NP2 became derailed (number of vehicles not
known) at the bottom of Morrison's Hill approaching Jindalee. Single
line working was instituted on up line between Wallendbeen and
Cootamundra North Box.
By the time a mate and I arrived at Coota, there were 3 northbound
trains in the yard, a wheat with 2 81s, the CRT train and MS5 which was
divided across the level crossing. S2 was already running 120 late due
to WOLO the previous day, it was in front of NP2, and eventually
departed Coota at 0345 for Sydney. S1 was stuck in the queue at
Wallendbeen or Harden or further north and eventually turned up at about
0500. It followed two southbound CRT trains or maybe one was an Austrac
train, the chalk markings on the wagons were a bit ambiguous. And whilst
all that was happening, a wheatie arrived at Coota West and the crew
were advised that they would be held for "a little while". I would have
thought 80 winks would be appropriate.

An busy night at Coota.

DEL.